HARRISBURG – Rep.-elect Marla Brown (R-Lawrence) today announced that she will be opening a district office in New Castle to ensure continuity of constituent services.
The office, which will open for business beginning on Monday, Jan. 9, is located in the Washington Centre Plaza at 28 N. Mill St., New Castle. Office hours will be Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the telephone numbers are 724-498-4397 and 833-431-0502.
“One of the most important aspects of my job as your state representative is helping you deal with state government,” said Brown. “Stopping by my office is one way for constituents to let me know what they think we should be doing in Harrisburg. I look forward to hearing from them, as well as discussing my efforts to stand up for taxpayers.”
Staff in the offices offer the following state-related services:
• Driver’s license and vehicle registration applications and renewals.
• Assistance with PennDOT paperwork, such as lost cards, changes, corrections, special plates and handicapped placards.
• PACE and PACENET applications.
• Help with public assistance, such as Medicaid and food stamp applications.
• Property Tax and Rent Rebate applications.
• Birth and death certificate applications.
• Access to state tax forms.
• Voter registration forms.
• Referrals to agencies to resolve state-related matters.
Brown will be hosting a grand opening celebration on Friday, Feb 3, beginning at noon. In addition, she is planning on scheduling events such as a town hall meeting, pancake breakfasts, coffee chats, a senior expo and much more. She will be announcing dates, times and locations for these events in the near future.
“I want to maintain a state office in downtown New Castle because this is the nucleus of our district,” said Brown. “I am focused on economic development for our communities, and I want to prove that I mean it by locating my office here and encouraging businesses to do the same.”
Brown was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives on Nov. 8, and will take the oath of office on Tuesday, Jan. 3, in Harrisburg.
Representative Marla Brown
9th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)